Are you a newly qualified practitioner considering a career in Primary Care?
Are you an experienced registered nurse or ECP considering a change in your career or returning to practice?
One Medical Group are recruiting for Junior Practitioners to join our fast paced and patient focused team in Reading.
At OneMedicalGroup we only want the very best for our nurses. That’s why we invest in their education, training and development to provide them with the best possible start in their new career.
As a Junior Practitioner on our Practitioner Career Development Programme we can offer you;
- A 24 month intensive clinical skills training programme to be accredited by the RCN
- Monthly classroom based workshops delivered by experienced facilitators
- Protected learning time to put your new skills into practice
- A clinical mentor to guide and support your development in the workplace
- The opportunity to practice your skills in registered patient and unscheduled care settings
- One2One support in preparing for your NMC revalidation
As reflected in the ‘Next steps on the NHS Five Year Forward View’ document published by NHS England in April 2017, the primary care landscape is changing quickly. Our Practitioner Career Development Programme was established to address the challenges faced by clinicians nationwide who wish to pursue a career in Primary Care but are yet to acquire the essential skills to make the transition.
Due to the time commitment required as part of the programme, the role requires a minimum commitment of 30 hours per week, and may involve a combination of early, late and weekend shifts although reasonable notice will be provided. Flexible working patterns can be considered for the right candidates.
Junior Practitioners will be assigned a base location with a clinical mentor, and should expect some travel to other OneMedicalGroup sites as part of the programme (all expenses will be paid).
What is involved?
Working as part of OneMedicalGroup Junior Practitioners will be offered the opportunity to work across a variety of services throughout the duration of the 24 month programme.
Participating in 16 classroom based learning sessions with guest speakers and subject matter experts, you will learn on the job, leading to a salary review and step up on the career ladder at the end of the 2 year programme.
What are the benefits?
- Competitive salary whilst training (rising upon successful completion of the programme)
- A 24 month structured training and development plan to enhance your clinical and leadership skills
- 28 days holiday allowance, rising to 33 days upon successful completion of the programme
- Full NHS Pension
- Medical indemnity cover
- MyStaffShop benefits card, providing you with access to exclusive benefits, free advice and discounts from thousands of the UKs largest retailers & service providers.
Who are we?
OneMedicalGroup is a family owned independent provider of NHS services. We have been providing care to NHS patients for over a decade, serving in excess of 58,000 registered patients and over 180,000 patients through our walk in and urgent care centres. We have our patients at the centre of everything we do and recognise the importance of our skilled and experienced workforce, without whom we wouldn't be able to achieve the positive patient outcomes that we deliver every day. That’s why we invest in our staff, we develop our staff, we listen to our staff and we reward our staff. OneWorkforce is the training and education division of the OneMedicalGroup family.
So what are you waiting for?! Get in touch today to discuss the Practitioner Career Development Programme in more detail and to talk to one of our course facilitators.
For more information or to apply please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
One Medical Group is a Disability Confident Employer.